Property Type: Vacant Land Agricultural
Property Ref #: 430176
Details of an Exquisite Property Opportunity of 49 Ha in the Heart of Durbanville.
This property is situated in the rural area of Durbanville called the D’Urbanvale Green Belt and is in close proximity of the highly rated and sought after residential suburb of D’Urbanvale and borders on the gentleman’s smallholding estate of Westerdale.
D’Urbanvale green belt.
1. This land was formerly part of the internationally renowned Meerendal Wine Estate proclaimed in 1702 and is adjacent thereto.
2. This land is nestled on the gentle Eastern slopes of Tygerberg Hills and offers unspoiled and spectacular views of the Boland, Stellenbosch and Helderberg mountain ranges.
3. It is situated on the M48 Vissershok Road, Durbanville. The one property borders the long established Westerdale smallholdings and the other the urban edge of Durbanville.
4. Durbanville being an extremely popular region, it offers enormous opportunity for estate living investors seeking a country lifestyle in close proximity of the city.
5. It is a 30 minutes drive to Cape Town, a 40 minute drive to the airport and within a sundowners reach from the pristine coastline of the popular Blaawberg beaches.
6. It has excellent agricultural soil for wine grape cultivation and vines in the area produce top quality wines. (Report on soil tests is available)
7. It has ample water allocation available from the Potsdam Water Scheme even though most vineyards in the region cultivate on a dry land basis.
8. There are currently no farming activities on these portions other than renting it on a year to year basis to cultivate wheat and on alternate years, canola.
9. Panoramically it is excellently situated in the heart of Durbanville with easy access to all amenities.
10. This property offers:
a. Country Style atmosphere
b. Peace and tranquility with breath taking and stunning panoramic views
c. Superb position and address in a sought after country residential region.
d. Close proximity to top private and government schools, colleges offering university degrees and diplomas.
e. Nearby specialised hospitals and medical facilities
f. A region of world class wine estates and tourist facilities
g. Fast road access to the Cape Town International Airport and City centre.
h. Proximity to top business and commercial centres and shopping malls
12. In respect of this Portion:
• It is adjacent to Westerdale smallholdings on the elevated slopes of Tygerberg Hills
• It offers great opportunity for exquisite Gentlemen’s Agricultural or Equestrian Estate development with income generating Winery prospects and function venues. The soil is ideal for vineyard and soil tests are available to prove this. The whole piece of land was previously planted with vineyard.
• It can be security fenced to make it even more exclusive.
• Residential traffic is through the Westerdale access road. There is an informal access in use from Vissershok Road.
14. Currently Clara Anna Fontein, also on the urban edge, is in the final stages of obtaining residential zoning approval. This will place these properties in a position of revue for similar applications in developing the residential potential of this region.
15. This portions qualify for a water allocation from the Potsdam Water Scheme of 10,000 liters per hour and ESCOM power can be obtained. Sustainable renewable energy developments are also attractive alternatives.
16. An important aspect would be the preservation of the agricultural and country side integrity which identifies it to be developed as an exclusive country lifestyle estate.
17. Municipal Water is available but will have to be upgraded, but with the development of Clara Anna Fontein, (also known as the Uitkamp development) this matter would ease considerably.
1. The panoramic views from this property are absolutely stunning and will give exclusivity to its owners to create a country living and lifestyle haven.
2. At this stage it is probably suitable for 12 Gentlemen’s smallholdings of between 3 to 5 to 7 Ha for owners to establish a homestead.
3. Precedents already exist as it borders on Westerdale and other adjacent smallholdings ranging from 4,000 m² to average of 4 Ha to 7 Ha.
4. Bridging urban sprawl which is inevitable
5. The location lends itself to an independently operated up-market boutique hotel with conference facilities, function venues / lodge / wellness centre/ equestrian estate, etc.
6. The above can be obtained by getting spot zoning approval